What Is Family Karma?
We may have incarnated into a family for certain lessons and experiences they provide. They may pass down traits, negativities, traumas and shortcomings to us and other family members from generation to generation.
We can build up a lot of 'cause and effect' within a family. Family members have certain collective beliefs, behaviors and energy patterns which we adopt because we are totally immersed within that family environment. We perceive these as normal because children are very impressionable and soak up their environmental conditions and beliefs like sponges.
So whatever the beliefs, values and behaviors are held by a family, we take on similar traits. They cause us to feel and behave in a certain way. Their 'causes' have a lot of 'effects' on us. Plus our behaviors cause a lot of effects on them.
So, a family holds a collective vibration that is passed from generation to generation. Karma is all about cause and effect, and our family causes many effects on us and we cause many effects on them.
The spiritual path promises us mental, emotional and physical healing, plus ways to view the world in new ways that ultimately lead to peace and happiness. The trouble is, these concepts can lead to a state of avoidance in our lives, excuses for bypassing important matters, unhelpful thoughts and emotions.
It's important to avoid this states of avoidance or 'bypassing'. One who considers themselves to be 'spiritual', might worry that if they don't appear at peace, happy and balanced, then they might be perceived by others as:
- Not spiritual enough.
- Not practicing properly.
- Unbalanced and ungrounded.
- Not a good healer, teacher etc.
Spiritual bypassing is a way of avoiding unpleasant emotions. We might prevent ourselves from experiencing and facing past traumas and psychological wounds that desperately need healing, in favor of maintaining a state of artificial positivity all the time. Even when we are dealing with upsetting events as they happen in our lives, we still may try to force a positive attitude on ourselves rather than facing and processing the experiences head-on.
This is different from practicing detachment from outcomes of circumstances and events, where we try not to pin our happiness and emotional well-being on outcomes in our lives. If we do experience sadness or upset in the present moment however, we must be present in those emotions and work them through. Bottling them up and repressing them in the subconscious mind is a ticket to emotional problems later on.
Examples Of Spiritual Bypassing:
1. Rather than detaching from outcomes, we put on a happy face and repress sadness. We must face sadness if we have it.
You may have heard of light language or listened to someone speaking it. Light language is a form of channelling where the speaker feels compelled to speak or sing words, or make sounds, that may not seem to make too much sense. The words and sounds however, are said to hold deep meaning and are channelled directly from beings on the other side.
How To Know You Are Speaking Light Language
1. Light language can come through in the form of words, although they may sound like gibberish and not seem like they hold much conscious meaning.
Sounds are also made sometimes, such as clicks and clucks and other interesting sounds. It is not unusual for people to make tones and humming sounds with their voice, as well as breaking into full song. Singing allows light language to flow through us. Different voices can also be heard, one's voice can change when speaking light language
2. Light language is not usually consciously understandable but it feels good to do. The information and wisdom that comes through however, is often very understandable by the subconscious mind. This is why light language can seem very familiar to us, when we are channeling it ourselves, or when we are listening to someone else do it. Consciously we may not understand what is said, but the subconscious mind soaks it all up and remembers it. This information can then surface to our conscious mind in the near future, bring wisdom into this reality.